Timberline is a supplier of premium quality finishing timbers including cladding, interior wall and ceiling linings, mouldings, decking, feature beams and other speciality products. Timberline is focused on providing solutions to the commercial, hospitality and residential markets.
Timberline takes pride in being able to provide competitive tailored timber solutions direct to the architectural, interior design and construction industries. Equipped with vast long-standing industry knowledge and extensive product knowledge, Timberline is extremely versatile and can provide solutions to a wide variety of project requirements. The Timberline promise is “Solve, Create, Deliver”.
Timberline can supply an extensive range of species of timber in a vast range of different profiles to complete any project requirements. In addition, Timberline works closely with all specifiers to supply bespoke designs if required, to make the vision a reality.
Proudly New Zealand owned, Timberline is a branch of the Buildpro Group of companies. Buildpro Group was established in 2004 and is also widely recognized for the One Stop Deck Shop. Buildpro Group’s head office is located in Christchurch, and they have a national sales team throughout the country to provide quality service nationwide.
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of look?
- Decking width and species determine to look.
- We sell 90mm wide and 140mm wide boards — they can also be mixed.
- Species offer different colours. See photo gallery or come in and discuss your options with us.
What’s my budget?
- The bigger the area the bigger your budget needs to be.
- Hardwoods are the most expensive and treated pine is more budget. you can also save by doing it yourself (DIY). Come and talk to us about your project and we can try to match your budget to suit the deck.
Light or dark colour?
- You can use coatings to create different looks using stains or oil coatings.
- Note: Most timbers if left will eventually silver off but some will take a lot longer than others. You can use coatings to successfully imitate the silvered off look.
- Kwila — is red-brown in colour and leeches a red-brown dye when first laid. Kwila will silver off after a few years if left uncoated or you can use an oil to enhance and maintain the red-brown colour.
- Balau — is a golden brown colour and does not leech-like kwila. Balau will silver off after a few years if left uncoated or you can use an oil to enhance and maintain the gold-brown colour.
- Garapa and Balau — lighter coloured hardwoods
- Macrocarpa — a very light species that also slivers off beautifully and in a very short time.
Hardwood or softwood?
- A hardwood deck is definitely the ultimate look. Macrocapra is a softwood that silvers off beautifully and treated pine will outlast everything else but will not perform quite as well as the hardwoods.
Do I want an eco-friendly species?
- Tropical hardwoods supplied by us are all ‘verified legal origin’. VLO means it is not from illegally logged forests.
- Macrocarpa is very eco-friendly and chemical-free.
- Our treated pine is arsenic-free making it safe for human contact.
Do I want a maintenance-free?
- Typically most timbers require some sort of maintenance depending on the location of the deck and the species used.
Do I want to maintain my deck and keep it looking like the day it was laid?
- Choosing to oil your deck means more regular upkeep. You will need to re-oil your deck every year or two.
- Using a quality deck oil mitigates splitting and surface checking and helps eliminate mould issues.
Receive Your FREE Fully Detailed Deck “Take OFF” Quote
- Including a Professional Architectural Drawing of Your New Dream Deck
- Choose Decking Timbers & Fixings
- Add Your Details, Existing Plan or Your Hand Drawing.
- Receive Your Fully Detailed Quote Within 3-4 Working Days